Bradut Covaliu. Romanian(1924-1991)
Oil painting on wood panel.
65cm x 55cm without frame (25.6" x 21.6")
Signed top right corner.
Between 1942-1947, he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Bucharest having as painting teacher Jean Al. Steriadi . He debuted in 1953, exposing the Official Salon then participated regularly in official exhibitions (republican and municipal) as well as numerous group exhibitions at home and abroad, on all continents. In 1962, represent Romania at the Venice Biennale. In 1963, he was elected secretary of the Union of Artists, and in 1968, he was elected President for the same. Since 1969, carries teaching at the Pedagogical Institute in Bucharest, then at the "N. Grigorescu ".
1962 - Award "Andreescu"
1968 - Order of "Cultural Merit" Class II;
1971 - Award "Star RSR"
1979 - Prize of the Festival " Song of Romania ';
1981 - Grand Prize of UAP;
1981 - International Grand premio "Trionfo 1981";
1981 - Award "Omagio to Picasso" - Roma;
1981 - First Prize of the National Festival "Song to Romania".